How To Practice Spiritual MeditationAugust 27, 2021
Put in the simplest of terms, spiritual meditation is a way to connect to the divine. What do we mean with the divine? The divine can be whatever you choose to be. A higher power, the universe, God, or even your highest self. It depends on what you want to be the most connected with and where you direct your inner peace.
What are the main characteristics of spiritual meditation?
Spiritual meditation is an extremely individual experience and its characteristics are related to your personal meditation experience. Nonetheless, according to a study in 2019, qualities of spiritual experience can include:
- absorption or loss of a sense of separateness
- hearing voices or seeing visions
- feeling a spiritual “presence”
- a sense of transcendence
- a sense of awe
The benefits of spiritual meditation
Learning how to practice spiritual meditation, commonly referred to as the spiritual awakening. If it would be to describe what goes on during the awakening experience, then the right way of choosing the words would be as expressed by Shaman Nisha “an activation of higher consciousness or an increase in our awareness as souls.”
Spiritual benefits of meditation
- Achieving the ultimate inner peace
- Being more creative
- Release of negative thoughts
- Release of stress
- Connecting to your inner child
- Soothing your soul
- A more balanced sense of being
How to do it?
- Place your hand in your heart. This is the first step into connecting with yourself. Put the other hand into your belly and gently close your eyes.
- Breathe slowly and put your focus into your breathing.
- Visualize a bright light inside of you. Imagine that this light is guiding you to a higher power.
- Once you feel like the light is starting to get the shape, start to follow it as it moves through your body, goes out of it, and flies high into the sky, passing through the clouds.
- Keep breathing at the pace you’re more comfortable in and start exploring where the light is sending you. Spend as much time as you need and want to explore wherever the light is bringing you.
- When you feel like you are done with the exploring then try to bring the light back to your body and be in the present. Open your eyes and start wiggling your fingers and toes.
How to know when you’re ready to perform a spiritual meditation
As it was mentioned above, spiritual meditation is an extremely individual experience. There is no right or wrong time when and how to start it. Don’t expect all your past struggles and traumas to be gone with trying to meditate once. The process of self-healing is so much more than that. Sometimes you can do the meditation by yourself, and in some other cases, you need someone else to guide you through the process of self-discovery.
If you don’t know how to practice spiritual meditation, then I am here to help you find your true self through my spiritual meditation guidance.
- What every black man over 40 should know about health and fitness
- Success Doesn’t Have an Expiration Date: Take a Break and Try Again!
- Taking Control of Your Life: Now or Never
- 5 Steps On How to Get Started With Your Training Program
- Learning How to Navigate Through Your Spiritual Journey
- Step-by-Step Guided Meditation to Overcoming Your Deepest Fears
- Spiritual Awakening: Connecting to Your Higher Self
- Life Coaching: How to Change Your Life Path
- 10 Ways On How to Build Your Self-Esteem
- Love and Relationships: Unlearning Codependency